Friday 27 December 2013

Quintessentially Q by Pepper Winters: Spotlight and Review


Quintessentially Q 
by Pepper Winters

"All my life, I battled with the knowledge I was twisted...fucked up to want something so deliciously dark - wrong on so many levels. But then slave fifty-eight entered my world. Hissing, fighting, with a core of iron, she showed me an existence where two wrongs make a right."

Tess is Q's completely. Q is Tess's irrevocably. But now, they must learn the boundaries of their unconventional relationship while Tess seeks vengence on the men who sold her. Q made a blood-oath to deliver their corpses at Tess's feet, and that's just what he'll do.

He may be a monster, but he's Tess's monster.

Buy Links:      Amazon US        Amazon Uk        

Author Bio:
Pepper Winters wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex...her books have sex.

She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts up with her love affair with her book boyfriends.

Her debut book, Tears of Tess, will be followed with Quintessentially Q. You didn't think Q could stop so soon, did you? Her other two titles, Last Shadow and Broken Chance will be coming soon.

Connect with Pepper:    Website      Twitter      Facebook     Goodreads      Pinterest 

Tour Giveaways

Signed paperback of Quintessentially Q and signed swag pack

Two signed paperpacks




My Review
My sincere apologies to Pepper as this review should have been posted last week, but it's such a crazy time of year that I hadn't finished reading the book on time.

I had the pleasure to review Pepper's first book, Tears of Tess, and I loved it. That book could have stood alone, but it left me wondering what would happen with Q and Tess. So when the opportunity to read the sequel came up, I jumped at it. If you haven't read Tears of Tess I recommend you pick that one up before you read Quintessentially Q. It will give you more of the backstory. (Buy links are at the end of the review)

In Quintessentially Q, we get to find out more about the enigmatic Q who Tess falls for. We get to see more clearly into Q's head, to understand his fears and motivations, and it rounds out the character so we can see his internal struggles, despite his cool exterior.

Overall, I'm enjoying the series, but I found myself wanting some threads to be resolved and for a lot more action. Ms. Winters does a great job at giving us a deep understanding of her characters' emotions and as a reader, you will experience everything that they do. I found the first four chapters or so difficult to get into. They're mostly hot sex and inner monologue. The sex was great, but the rest tended to be repetitive. The action really starts to build when Q takes Tess to his corporate offices and she ends up being kidnapped again by those seeking revenge for Q's dealings. What follows is a heartbreaking account of Tess's ordeals and Q's desperate search to find her. The last part of the book focuses on helping Tess to overcome what's happened to her.

Tess and Q's journey isn't over and I'm looking forward to the next book to see how they continue to build their relationship together, while fighting the evil mechanisms that brought them together in the first place.


Buy Links For Tears of Tess:

No comments:

Post a Comment