Wednesday 28 November 2012

Really Random Wednesdays

Well, here's me tired again! At least I slept last night. And as I was trying to think up something to put on my blog, I found tons of random thoughts floating around. I know everyone likes to use alliteration in their theme days, like Friday's Frank talk, or Wanton Wednesdays. I'm trying to come up with something clever that hasn't already been done, but I couldn't.

Unless....Read the Title again, but this time pretend you're Elmer Fudd!

Get it?

Okay, I'm tired. I think I said that already but I thought it was hilarious so I'm going to stick with it. For Really Random Wednesdays, I thought I'd just throw some, well, random, ideas down and see what happens. (Did I mention I'm tired? It's the best I can do right now!)

Random thought 1: Why does the word 'blog' get flagged by the spell checker in the Blogger platform? (as do all forms of the word - blog, blogged, blogging, blogger, blogalicious). This one really bugs me! PS - *gasp* they've corrected this problem! Only one of my blog words got flagged. Guess which one?

Random thought 2: What's with the attitude toward erotic things? I'm pretty sure most people love sex. I'm pretty sure I was immaculately conceived though. Why do people care what other people do in the bedroom when it has nothing to do with them?  And why do people assume that writers of erotic romance always do the kinky stuff in their books? Because I'm sure all the women who write M/M have done that before.

Random thought 3: What`s with the word dildo? Seriously. If you're an etymologist I'd love to know. How did people decide that the letters d-i-l-d-o should be put together to make a word that means, "Large penis-shaped object which can be inserted into bodily orifices"? By the way, did you know there's a town in Newfoundland, Canada that is called "Dildo"? Wouldn't that make an interesting series, eh?

Random thought 4: Where the hell are my hat, scarf, and mittens? It's friggin' cold outside!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I like the idea of a random thoughts day!!

    Here's a good etymology comment that is relevant to our industry - celibacy does not actually mean abstaining from sex!!!!! It actually means being unmarried and by interference you are therefore not having sex...... or at least that's what it used to mean. I think these days so many people use it to mean 'having no sex' that it has come to mean that by osmosis!! But many older dictionaries will just state 'single life, unmarried state'.

    ReplyDelete